Welcome to the Ohio Department of Rehabilitaion and Correction
Please Note: You are viewing the non-styled version of Ohio Department of Rehabilitaion and Correction. Either your browser does not support Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) or it is disabled. We suggest upgrading your browser to the latest version of your favorite Internet browser.
Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
Halfway Houses - Mansfield VOA
Mansfield Volunteers of America
290 N. Main Street
Mansfield, OH 44902
Robbie Scarbury – Intake Coordinator
Carolyn Szweda - Program Director
- Male convicted sex offenders (current charge need not be a sex offense)
- Amenable to residential programming and group treatment; Male Transitional Control
- Face to face interviews possible
- Free of AOD at intake, no need for detox
- (catchment area: Ashland, Coshocton, Crawford, Delaware, Erie, Hardin, Holmes, Huron, Knox, Lorain, Marion, Medina, Morrow, Richland, Sandusky, Seneca, Union, Wayne, Wyandot)
[Back to top]
- Denial of sex offense and/or instant offense; victim seriously injured, maimed or killed victim during sexual assault
- Denial of substance abuse problem
- High risk of violence in residential setting
- Exceptional medical/mental health needs outside agency’s available resources
- Needs more or less structured program
- Mental capacity doesn’t allow program understanding or participation
- Only take 25% of admissions from outside catchment area
- Six to nine month program
- Life Skills Programming – hygiene, stress management, financial planning, parenting, socialization and
- support systems, health issues, nutrition and community awareness.
- Substance Abuse Programming – ODADAS certified, cognitive module that offers educational group, initial
- treatment group, relapse prevention group and aftercare group.
- Sex Offender Programming
- Pre-treatment (educational) modules - type of sexual offending, cycle of sexual abuse, victim awareness/empathy, thinking errors, assertiveness training, social skills training, autobiographical awareness,
- healthy adult relationships, stress/anger management is offered through the life skills modules.
- Corruption of a Minor Group – my cycle of sexual offending, risk factors, warning signs, relapse prevention plan, clarifying how you victimized the child you offended, positive changes, relapse rehearsal.
- Standard Treatment – your autobiography, understanding the cycle of your offense, identifying triggers, behavioral progression, identification of deviant sexual fantasies and arousal and strategies for control, relapse prevention and community release planning, empathy and victim awareness, emotion management, intimacy relationships and social functioning.